Transform your space with these eye-catching Pheasant Mount Ideas. These are captivating focal points to add interest to any room!
Are you tired of the same old pheasant mounts and want to explore fresh and exciting ideas? Look no further! In this article, we have gathered a list of inventive and visually stunning Pheasant Mount Ideas that will breathe new life into your taxidermy display.
Here are some Deer Skull Mount Ideas
Pheasant Mount Ideas
1. Mounting a Ring-Necked Pheasant
This video provides a basic overview of the mounting process of a stunning ring-necked pheasant in an alert standing pose. It lets you display the pheasant’s vibrant feathers and natural beauty, making it a captivating centerpiece.
2. Barn Board Pheasant Wall Mount
Featuring a striking pheasant on a weathered barnboard, this wall mount is a perfect focal point for hunters and rustic decor lovers. You can adorn the barnboard with your favorite photograph or a vintage poster.
3. Pheasant Tail Fan Mount
With the meticulous arrangement, this mount captures the graceful arcs and intricate patterns of the feathers. Its timeless appeal makes it a great addition to any hunting enthusiast’s collection. Learn how to mount your prized pheasant trophy in a rectangular wooden box using this step-by-step tutorial.
4. Pheasant Taxidermy Mount
Elevate your interior decor with the captivating pheasant taxidermy mount. Attached to a wooden base, it brings the beauty of nature indoors while adding a touch of rustic charm to the space.
5. Pheasant Mount on Weathered Red Barnwood
Use red barn wood as a captivating backdrop to show off your prized Chinese Ringneck Rooster Pheasant trophy. It’s the best way to amp up the appearance of any den, bar, trophy room, man cave, and office space.
6. Pheasant Tail Plaque Mount
This visually appealing wall decor is made up of a pheasant’s tail and a handcrafted camo-patterned plaque. It’s a true centerpiece for any nature enthusiast or hunting aficionado’s collection. The addition of a sturdy metal hanger ensures effortless wall hanging.
7. Pheasant Tail Wooden Shelf Display
Adorned with a rich dark walnut stain, this wooden shelf is the best means to show off your pheasant tails on the wall. Take inspiration from this blog.
8. Fighting Pheasant Mount
This wall mount showcases two pheasants engaged in an intense battle. Their feathers are flared, wings spread wide, and beaks ready to strike. This mount adds an exciting and vibrant touch to any space.
Important Points to Remember
- Preservation and Care: Make sure the pheasant is properly prepared and preserved to prevent it from decaying and smelling bad.
- Legal Considerations: Before considering a pheasant mount, follow local laws and regulations regarding hunting and displaying wildlife. Some areas might have specific restrictions or requirements that you need to adhere to.
- Plan Ahead: Before you start, have a clear idea of where you want to display the mount. This will help you choose the right size and style.
- Mounting Style: There are different styles to consider when mounting a pheasant – standing, flying, or strutting, among others. The style you choose should ideally match the interior where you’ll be displaying the mount. Think about where and how you’ll display the bird before deciding on the style.
- Quality of the Specimen: The better the condition of the pheasant, the more impressive your mount will be. Look for a specimen with vibrant plumage and minimal damage to achieve the best results.
- Mount Maintenance: Regular dusting and cleaning will keep your pheasant mount looking its best. Avoid placing the mount in direct sunlight or high-humidity areas, as these conditions can cause damage over time.
- Safety Precautions: Working with tools and chemicals during the mounting process can be hazardous. Always prioritize safety, use gloves and eye protection, and work in a well-ventilated area.
- Be Careful: Pheasant mounts are delicate. Be careful when you clean or move them. Avoid places where they can be knocked over or damaged.
- Be Creative: Don’t limit yourself to traditional mount ideas. Feel free to experiment with various positions, backgrounds, and accessories for a unique display.
- Secure Properly: Ensure that the mount is securely fastened to prevent it from falling and getting damaged. If it’s a wall mount, make sure it’s safely attached and sturdy.
Pheasant Mount Ideas: FAQs
1. How Much Does It Cost to Mount a Pheasant?
The cost to mount a pheasant can vary significantly depending on the taxidermist’s skill level, geographic location, and the complexity of the requested pose. Generally, prices can range between $200 to $500. This range is subject to fluctuations based on various factors such as preparatory work, base design, and additional features like intricate habitat details.
2. How to Preserve a Pheasant for Taxidermy?
Preserving a pheasant for taxidermy involves careful steps. First, freeze the dead pheasant’s body. Start by skinning the bird, and remove fat and flesh without damaging feathers. Use borax to dry the inside. Mount the skin onto a body form mimicking the bird’s natural posture, securing the wings and legs. Sew the skin shut, and position the eyes and beak. Lastly, air dry or use a fan to speed up the process, allowing preservation. Always remember to use gloves, disinfect tools, and work in a well-ventilated area.
Find out the Cool DIY Deer Antler Mount Ideas here